The Callander Cycle Challenge Participant Terms and conditions
- All participants of the Callander Cycle Challenge must abide by these terms and conditions must register before the event. registration will be taken as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- All participants MUST wear appropriate safety gear (PSE) including helmet.
- All participants must inform the organisers of their chosen run. They must register on arrival. They must also register on return to ensure the organisers know they have returned.
- All participants must pay the registration fee required. Group and family discount may apply. registration fees are non refundable in all circumstances.
- All participants must raise around £100 for their chosen charity and pay the funds to the charity within 30 days of participating.
- Charities are responsible for obtaining sponsorship funds from participants.
- All participants are responsible for their own safety throughout the event.
- Rotary undertake to mark out the routes and provide refreshments on route.
- All participants must follow the highway code and exercise care.
- All participants must ensure their bicycles are road worthy and suitable for the event.
Age and fitness
- Participants are responsible for ensuring they are sufficiently fit for the route they select and undertake training before the event.
- Minimum cycling age 8.
- Children under 14 must be accompanied by adults.
- The event may be cancelled due to inclement weather and the organisers may amend the event as considered necessary to suit the conditions.
- Participants should dress accordingly for the weather on the day. This is particularly the case for children if it is wet or cold on the day.
Rules of the road
- On road the normal high way code rules apply.
- On cycle tracks participants must exercise due care and consider other members of the public using the routes.
- Where roads are used participants should cycle with due care.
- Rotary is not responsible for any loss or damage to you or your equipment.
- Rotary is not responsible for any injury to you or any member of your travelling group
Rotary require a registration fee of £25 which must be paid before the day (Children £5 with participating adults). Charity sponsorship must be paid to the participants selected charity within 30 days of participation. We think it reasonable that participants undertake to raise a minimum of £100.
By registering and taking part you give Rotary permission to retain your registration details and to share these records with your selected charity. Rotary will retain your records and may contact you in the future to advise about future events. We will not pass any details onto any commercial operation. Any photographs or video taken on the day may be used in the promotion of future events.
Should any unforeseen events result in the cancellation of the event registration fees are non-refundable. Participants may need to consider refunding sponsorship or passing to their chosen charity.